The Marketing and Communications Specialist is a full-time position located in our Charlottesville office. It serves both the Virginia Law Foundation’s philanthropic division and its education division, Virginia CLE®.
For our philanthropy division, this position will administer our donor management system (eTapestry), including accurately entering and maintaining data, producing acknowledgment letters, generating lists, preparing reports, and generally maximize the functionality of the donor management system. He/she will also contribute to philanthropy-related writing projects such as fundraising materials, the annual report, press releases, social media posts, and website copy, and update web content.
For our educational division, this position will work with the marketing and communications team, as well as directly with our staff attorneys, to market and cross-market our seminars and publications. This includes writing or editing programmatic and sales copy, preparing marketing materials, reviewing website product pages, generating and analyzing reports, and other web content and data projects. This position will also serve as a liaison to new Virginia bar members, coordinating monthly mailings, setting up systems to track purchases, and acting as a contact and liaison for questions and recommendations.
- 2+ years of marketing/communications experience in an organizational setting
- Ability to write copy in a consistent, professional voice that reflects the voice, tone, and culture of an audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication; superior proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized with a flexible demeanor
- A collaborator, comfortable in a team setting
- An excellent listener who can give, receive, and readily assimilate constructive feedback
- Willingness to dig in and become an expert on our programs and products
- Proficiency in Word and Excel in a Windows environment and a general computer-savvy (required)
- Website content management or HTML (required)
- Experience with donor relation, sales, or CRM software (required)
- Google Analytics (preferred)
- Photoshop and Publisher (preferred)
Salary range: $36-40K. The Virginia Law Foundation offers an extremely competitive benefits plan including 12 or more paid holidays and over four weeks of PTO per year, long and short-term disability insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, free health and dental insurance options, and a no-cost retirement plan with an option to use a portion of that money for student loan repayment.
REQUIRED! Qualified candidates should respond with a PDF copy of their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing their experience and how they can meet the requirements of the position.