...promotes through philanthropy the rule of law, access to justice, and law-related education.
Welcome to the Virginia Law Foundation website.
The Virginia Law Foundation was established in 1974 to serve as the non-profit vehicle for Virginia lawyers seeking to improve the administration of justice and promote the rule of law throughout Virginia. To that end, Virginia Law Foundation supports projects that:
- Provide civil legal services to the poor
- Educate the public about law and about the legal profession
- Offer not-for-profit continuing legal education of Virginia lawyers
- Support public service internships for Virginia law students
- Recognize and encourage excellence in the practice of law
The Virginia Law Foundation has proudly provided over $23 million in grants to support law-related projects throughout Virginia.